Selling value in an industry long steeped in precedents that focus on commoditization is tough enough. Getting credit for that value is even harder! On Tuesday, May 8, 2012, Carrie Welles, Vice President, Global Customer Management at Think! Inc. will present a session at the 48th Annual Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA) Conference in San Diego. The session is entitled, "Best Practices in Preparing and Negotiating Solutions in a Commodity Market."
Maersk Line's strategic account organization is accustomed to buyers that continually erode their value and stress price and giveaway pressure. In this session, Maersk Line will share how using a structured 'negotiation blueprint' approach has helped them systematically manage customer negotiations to a better outcome, and away from commodity messaging.
Learn how to:
- Evaluate balance of power and your differentiation to win
- Take pressure off price using monetized business trades
- Find creative trades inside your organization and your customer's organization
- Prepare multiple options for your customer to maximize your outcome
- Apply a structured and process-oriented approach to align your internal Stategic Account Management (SAM) negotiation team
Check out the SAMA 48th Annual Conference being held May 6 - 9 2012 at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina Harbor Island in San Diego, California. The conference theme is Strategic Customer Management - Release Your Potential for Profitable Growth.